When am I entitled to compensation?
According to EU Regulation 261/ 2004 airline passengers are entitled to compensation in the event of flight delays and cancellations. This also applies to over-bookings and bumped flights.
Under which circumstances am I entitled to compensation?
There are several possibilities:
- You departed from an airport within Europe on any given airline (also includes non-EU airlines) or
- You arrived at an airport within Europe on a European airline
- Your flight was delayed at least three hours
- Your flight did not take place
- Your flight was over-booked. As a result there was no seat available.
- You missed your connecting flight. As a result you arrived at your destination airport with a delay of more than three hours
Who can make a compensation claim?
Any person in the world has the right to lodge a claim for compensation. You do not have to be an EU citizen. The only requirement is that one or more of the above listed scenarios apply. Perhaps you know airline passengers who had problems with their flight in the last three years? We would be happy to help your friends.