Delta Air Lines
Compensation for flight problems
The European Air Passenger Rights Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 grants each passenger from 3 hours of delay from 250 to even 600 Euros compensation - and this per valid air ticket.
We at refund.me take care of your flight compensation
Please check with refund.me whether you are entitled to compensation for your delayed flight according to the European Passenger Rights Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004:
Free of charge and without obligation we checked for you whether you can assert a claim for compensation payments against Delta Air Lines. Only a few entries are required:
- the airline,
- the flight number
- the date of departure
- the airports of departure and destination.
Please have this data ready for verification. You will find them in the e-mail for your booking and on your flight ticket.
We will gladly take care of everything else for you.
And don't forget: Your claim for compensation will be valid for up to 3 years after your delayed flight. So let's get going:
You are entitled to compensation from Delta Air Lines.
Then you can safely sit back and use our service.
Because now it's simple: you transfer your right to compensation to us and we will settle your claims with our travel law specialists. This way you will receive your compensation payment within 1 to 3 months. If you are successful, this will cost you 25% plus 19% VAT. If, contrary to expectations, your claim is not enforced, our work is absolutely free of charge for you. With refund.me you can therefore not lose!
That's due to you:
- As of a two-hour delay, the airline must provide you with snacks and drinks.
- 3 hours of delay you are entitled to compensation.
- 250 EUR to 600 EUR are entitled to each affected passenger.
- You are also entitled to compensation for package tours.
You should do that:
- Have an airline employee confirm the flight delay with your name and signature. Make a note of the reason, the place and the time.
- Please collect bills, tickets and take proof photos, for example from the scoreboard.
- Contact fellow passengers and exchange contact details.
- Use the refund.me service to claim your right to compensation.
Requirements for receiving your compensation with Delta Air Lines
The Air Passenger Rights Directive (EC) No. 261/2004 clearly regulates the rights of passengers departing from and arriving in the European Union if the airline is based in an EU Member State.
As a passenger, however, there are also certain conditions that you must meet:
- Valid flight ticket from Delta Air Lines
A valid flight ticket is required. Regardless of whether you have booked a first class or economy class flight. Tickets are also valid for package tours or programs for advertising purposes or customer loyalty.
Only for passengers travelling free of charge or at a highly discounted fare not intended for the general public, EU passenger rights do not apply.
- Arrive on time at the check-in and gate of Delta Air Lines
There should be sufficient time for check-in and security checks. Check in early and go to the security control and departure area soon after.
refund.me recommends checking in at least 2 hours before departure for medium and long distance flights and at least 1 hour for short distances. If you arrive much later, you are not allowed to board the aircraft and are not entitled to compensation.
- Carrying all necessary travel documents
Delta Air Lines requires a valid travel document to identify the passenger. In certain destination countries it is additionally mandatory to have a visa. In Schengen countries, however, the identity card is sufficient for individual identification.
If your travel documents are not valid or incomplete, Delta Air Lines may refuse you carriage and your right to compensation will be forfeited.
Flight delays with Delta Air Lines: Your rights as a passenger
In the event of a delay, you should know what compensation you are actually entitled to:
From a flight delay of 2 hours:
From 2 hours of waiting, the airline must provide supplies in the form of snacks and drinks.
Compensation payment that you will receive from 3 hours of delay of your flight
- 250 Euro up to 1500 km flight distance
- 400 Euro from 1500 km to 3500 km flight distance
- 600 Euro for flights of more than 3500 km
Correct behaviour if your flight is delayed:
- Document the situation
Take a picture of the scoreboard with the information about your delay.
Make a note of the reason for the delay.
Ask fellow passengers for their contact details so that you can exchange information later if necessary.
- Obtain confirmation of the delay from the airline
The employees of Delta Air Lines must confirm the delay.
- Collect receipts about expenses
Meal expenses for coffee and sandwiches at the airport as well as hotel bills, dinner or receipts for taxi rides and other transfers - keep everything safe. These costs will be reimbursed. They are also sometimes used as evidence. Usually, however, the contract of carriage in the form of your ticket is sufficient to enforce your claims.
Your flight has been cancelled: Your rights as a passenger
If Delta Air Lines cancels your flight, it is crucial to know when the flight was cancelled before the scheduled departure and when you will actually reach your destination.
You are not entitled to compensation if Delta Air Lines cancels your flight if:
- Delta Airlines has informed you of the cancellation of your flight more than 2 weeks prior to your scheduled departure.
- Delta Airlines has already informed you of the cancellation 14 to 7 days before the booked flight and your alternative flight did not take off or land more than 2 hours later.
- Delta Airlines has informed you about the cancelled flight within the last 7 days before departure and your alternative flight did not take off or land more than 1 hour and not more than 2 hours late.
What right do you have to compensation if your flight is cancelled by Delta Airlines?
- You can cancel your flight and insist on a refund of the ticket price
- You may insist on alternative transport
- You may insist on reimbursement of the cost of any flights you have already travelled
- You will be reimbursed the cost of the return journey
- You receive compensation payments according to EU law
Compensation to which you are entitled in the event of flight cancellation:
In the following circumstances, the EU Passenger Rights Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 regulates your right to compensation:
Flights up to 1,500 km
- 125 Euro for a replacement flight with max. 2 hours delay
- 250 Euro in other cases
Flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km
- Alternative flight with max. 3 hours waiting time: 200 Euro
- EUR 400 in other cases
Flights within the EU: more than 3,500 km
- Alternative flight with max. 4 hours delay: 200 Euro´
- EUR 400 in other cases
Flights outside the EU: more than 3,500 km
- Replacement flight with max. 4 hours delay: 300 Euro
- EUR 600 in other cases
Delta Airlines can cut claims in half if:
- the doors to the gate open no later than two hours after the scheduled time of arrival at a distance of between 1,000 km and 1,500 km
- the doors to the gate open no later than three hours after the scheduled time of arrival at a distance of between 1,500 km and 3,500 km
- the doors to the gate open no later than four hours after the scheduled time of arrival at a distance of more than 3,500 km.
refund.me-tip on cancelled flights of Delta Air Lines
Convenient and completely risk-free, refund.me enforces your legitimate claims for compensation for delays or cancellations with Delta Air Lines. Trust our experienced travel law experts who will make your destination their own.
If you have not already used our claims calculator, check your claim now. Only if your claim is successful and enforced will we receive a success commission of 25% plus VAT.
Other options for your compensation payment
Attempt to assert his claims for compensation himself - not very promising
If you are just thinking about trying the airline yourself, we can tell you right now that this will not be an easy task.
Passengers with little information and complicated applications make it difficult to make an application at all. But if they do have a hard time submitting it, they will also have to deal with non-reactions from the airline. After all, the airlines have time and little interest in ensuring that you receive your money quickly.
Many passengers therefore simply give up at some point and miss out on a total of 18 million euros in compensation sums every year, which additionally fill the coffers of the airlines. Do not allow this to happen.
If you would like to try it yourself first, you can find out how to enforce your compensation from Delta Air Lines at this link: https://de.delta.com/refunds/applyForARefund.action
Likewise, refund.me offers the service of filing a claim using the EU model form.
The EU sample form for you to make a formally correct complaint to Delta Air Lines
If you fill out this form, it contains all the information that is legally necessary to obtain compensation. If you do not receive a reply from the airline within the next few weeks, simply contact us. Our experts in travel law will be happy to help you to successfully assert your claim for compensation payments on your behalf.
To claim compensation with your own lawyer - costly and risky
Lawyers cost money. There is no guarantee of success. And before you know it, you're in a cost trap all by yourself at full risk. Especially when your claims go through the courts, this approach involves a high financial risk.
If you choose this option, you should be very clearly aware of the risks.
You may lose a lot of money and lose a lot of time. Two to three years in court is not uncommon. You can easily lose sight of the goal. So make it easier for yourself - use our service.
You can claim your flight compensation through us for the following airlines, for example: